BROWSE GIPSY HILL
1. THE GIPSY HILL HOTELS COMMITMENT TO PROTECTING PRIVACY
Because we consider you an important customer, our priority is to offer you excellent customer service at a hotel which home away from home.
Your satisfaction and confidence in Gipsy Hill Hotel is absolutely essential to us.
That's why, as part of our commitment to meeting your expectations, we have set up a customer privacy protection policy. This shows our commitments to you and how we use your personal data.
"Personal data" means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number) as a natural person. Before providing us with this information, we recommend that you read this document describing our customer privacy protection policy.
This Personal Data Protection Charter forms part of the terms and conditions that govern our hotel services. By accepting these terms and conditions, you expressly accept the provisions of this Charter.
3. GIPSY HILLS PRINCIPLES FOR PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The principles below are
1. Transparency: When collecting and processing your personal data, we will communicate all information to you and inform you of the purpose and recipients of the data.
2. Legitimacy: We will collect and process your personal data only for the purposes described in this Charter.
3. Relevance and accuracy: We will only collect personal data that is necessary for data processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and up to date.
4. Storage: We will hold your personal data for the period necessary for processing the same in compliance with the provisions of the law.
5. Access, rectification, opposition: You may access, modify, correct or delete your personal data. You may also oppose the use of your personal data, particularly to avoid receiving sales and marketing information..
6. Confidentiality and security: We will ensure reasonable technical and organizational measures are in place to protect your personal data.
4. WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
At various times, we are obliged to ask you, for information about you and/or members of your family, such as:
• Contact details (for example, last name, first name, telephone number, email)
• Personal information (for example, date of birth, nationality)
• Information relating to your children (for example, first name, date of birth, age)
• Your credit card number (for transaction and reservation purposes)
• Your arrival and departure dates
• Your preferences and interests (for example, smoking or non-smoking room, preferred floor, type of bedding)
• Your questions/comments, during your stay with us.
The information collected in relation to persons under 18 years of age is limited to their name and age, which can only be supplied to us by an adult. We would be grateful if you could ensure that your children do not send us any personal data without your consent.
We do not collect sensitive information, such as information concerning race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, union membership, or details of health or sexual orientation.
Moreover, depending on applicable local laws, other information could be considered sensitive, such as your credit card number, your leisure activities, personal activities and hobbies, and whether or not you are a smoker. We may be obliged to collect such information in order to meet your requirements or provide you with an appropriate service, such as a specific diet.
In this case, depending on the laws in force in certain countries, your prior consent may be required with regard to the collection of sensitive information.
6. WHEN IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
Personal data may be collected on a variety of occasions, including:
1. Hotel activities:
o Booking a room
o Checking-in and paying
o Eating/drinking at the hotel bar or restaurant during a stay
o Requests, complaints and/or disputes.
2. Participation in marketing programs or events:
o Signing up for loyalty programs in customer surveys (for example, the Guest Satisfaction Survey)
o Subscription to newsletters, in order to receive offers and promotions via email.
3. Transmission of information from third parties:
o Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems, and others
4. Internet activities:
o Connection to our website
o Online forms (online reservation, questionnaires, etc.).
7. FOR WHAT PURPOSES?
We collect your personal data for the purposes of:
1. Meeting our obligations to our customers.
2. Managing the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests:
o Creation and storage of legal documents in compliance with accounting standards.
3. Managing your stay at the hotel:
o Monitoring your use of services (telephone, bar, pay TV etc.)
o Managing access to rooms
o Internal management of lists of customers having behaved inappropriately during their stay at the hotel (aggressive and anti-social behavior, non-compliance with the hotel contract, non-compliance with safety regulations, theft, damage and vandalism, or payment incidents).
4. Improving our hotel service, especially:
o Processing your personal data in our customer marketing program in order to carry out marketing operations and gain a better understanding of your requirements and wishes
o Adapting our products and services to better meet your requirements
5. Managing our relationship with customers before, during and after your stay:
o Providing details for the customer database
o Segmentation operations based on reservation history and customer travel preferences with a view to sending targeted communications
o Predicting and anticipating future behaviors
o Knowing and managing the preferences of new or repeat customers
o Sending you newsletters, promotions, or contacting you by telephone
o Taking into account the right to object
6. Conforming to local legislation (for example, storing of accounting documents).
8. CONDITIONS OF THIRD-PARTY ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
On occasion we have to share your personal data with internal and external recipients subject to the following conditions:
• Hotel staff
• Reservation staff using reservation tools
• IT departments
• Medical services if applicable
• Legal services if applicable
• Generally, any appropriate person within the Hotel for certain specific categories of personal data.
b. With service providers and partners: your personal data may be sent to a third party for the purposes of supplying you with services and improving your stay, for example:
1. External service providers: IT sub-contractors, international call centers, banks, credit card issuers, external lawyers, dispatchers.
c. Local authorities: We may also be obliged to send your information to local authorities if this is required by law or as part of an inquiry and in accordance with local regulations.
9. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA DURING INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
For the purposes set out in Clause 7 of this Charter, we may transfer your personal data to internal or external recipients who may have different levels of personal data protection.
Consequently, in addition to implementation of this Charter, GHH. employs appropriate measures to ensure secure transfer of your personal data to any external recipient offering a different level of privacy.
10. DATA SECURITY
GHH. takes appropriate technical and organisational measures, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, accidental alteration or loss, and unauthorised access or disclosure. To this end, we have taken organisational measures such as a user ID/password system to protect your data and is used when you submit credit card data when making a reservation.
11. STORAGE OF DATA
We retain your personal data only for the period necessary for the purposes set out in this Charter or in accordance with the provisions of applicable law.
12. ACCESS AND MODIFICATION
You have the right to access your personal data collected by GHH. and to modify it.
You may also exercise your right to object by writing to the address below.
Gipsy Hill Hotel, Gipsy Hill Lane, Exeter. Devon, EX1 3RN
For the purposes of confidentiality and personal data protection, we will need to identify you in order to respond to your request. You will be asked to include a copy of an official piece of identification, such as a driver's license or passport, along with your request.
If your personal data is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, please send the appropriate amendments to the Data Privacy department as indicated above.
All requests will receive a response as swiftly as possible and in accordance with applicable law.
You may also exercise your rights in respect of your personal data that is stored and processed by a hotel following a stay. To do this, you must contact the hotel directly.
We may modify this Charter from time to time. Consequently, we recommend that you consult it regularly, particularly when making a reservation at our hotel.